My name is Rose Crocker and I am running as a pledged delegate for Pete Buttigieg in Congressional District 7. I have been supporting Pete since March 2019, and it has been my privilege to serve as one of the two Volunteer State Co-Leaders in Alabama. As a co-leader, I assisted in collecting over half of the required signatures needed for Pete to appear on the ballot.
Throughout that process and beyond:
- I have held multiple “Pete Ups” to educate voters and grow our volunteer base.
- I’ve also traveled throughout the state, empowering volunteers to be proactive and allowing us to establish grassroots organizers in every congressional district.
- I have participated in meetings for local Democratic organizations, providing a local voice for the campaign in Alabama.
- I have also traveled to neighboring states to help volunteers with ballot access, canvassing, phone banking, text banking, and other campaign related activities.
Supporting Pete has been my focus for nearly a year, but I also want the opportunity to support and represent the people of my district. As a lifelong Alabamian, I’m familiar with the problems that face our cities and state. I believe that Pete is uniquely positioned to help not only our country as a whole, but specifically Alabama.
His time as a mayor provided him with experience of the problems that plague our local communities, and that experience is reflected in his policies.
- Pete’s plan for sustainable infrastructure includes repairing the majority of roads and bridges by 2030, and cutting the cost of the average water bill in half.
- His rural health policy will increase the number of rural physicians and nurses, and decrease the maternal mortality rate by providing care before, during, and after pregnancy.
- As a veteran, he understands the importance of creating a veteran-centric VA and working to end veteran homelessness.
Pete’s plans for our country don’t just focus on Washington, DC – they directly impact my friends, family, and neighbors.
I am committed to helping elect a president who will fight for all of our communities and draw our country together. Pete offers a calm voice in the midst of chaos, and I hope to echo that here in Alabama. If you’re supporting Pete in the primary, I want to ask for your vote in District 7. To learn more about Pete’s policies or why I support him, you can reach me at the email or social media listed below. I will work tirelessly to elevate our district’s voice, and I hope to earn your vote on March 3rd.
DEADLINE IS TOMORROW, 2/26!!
Are you running as a delegate for a Democratic candidate or as a Democratic Uncommitted delegate? Share your story with the Left in Alabama community and ask for votes. Too often, people just see a list of delegate candidates and randomly select a few names. But these delegates represent YOU at the convention! They vote on the platform and they vote for the nominee. Give them a reason to vote for you!
Visit our post “Are You Running for a DNC Delegate Spot in 2020? Let us Help!” to learn how to submit your story and the rules/guidelines. We’ll share all articles on our social media and you can use them to promote your candidacy.