I am Frank McPhillips, and it is my privilege to run as a Democratic delegate candidate pledged to Pete Buttigieg. Quite frankly, this campaign is a family affair. My wife, Louise, is also a delegate candidate pledged to Pete and our oldest son James is Pete’s college classmate, friend and ardent supporter.
- Pete understands that our democratic institutions are broken and he knows how to fix them. That includes (1) reversing the corrosive effect of money on our politics, (2) protecting and enhancing voting rights for every American citizen and (3) ending the Trump Administration’s onslaught on an independent judiciary. Unless structural political reform is achieved in the next administration, almost every other progressive political objective will be impossible.
- Pete is the candidate who really gets it on climate change. He understands that the survival of the planet is the existential issue of our time. It is an issue that touches him and future generations in a powerful and personal way. When Pete is the age of the current President, it will be the year 2056. We should know by then whether our planet is going to survive. No one can lead on this issue like Pete, who is deeply committed to a Green New Deal agenda that will create over 3 million new jobs over the next 10 years, achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
Finally, I believe that Pete Buttigieg is our best bet to beat Donald Trump. In the past 70 years, every Democrat elected President was first written off as too young, too inexperienced, too different in some way. John Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama each inspired a new generation of Americans to reach beyond themselves to serve their country. Every one of these Presidents united Americans for the common good. We desperately need another young President to do the same today – a veteran with executive experience outside Washington and a vision of an inclusive America.
As a lifelong Democrat, I am on Pete’s team. Louise and I traveled to Des Moines for Pete in October and we hosted a successful fundraiser for him in Birmingham in December. This follows our earlier campaign work for Democrats.
- In 2008, I was a pledged delegate for Obama and we hosted Obama organizers in our home.
- In 2017, we manned the voter protection boiler room for Doug Jones and again hosted organizers from Virginia in our home.
- In 2018, we led the state-wide voter protection effort for Walt Maddox and Judge Bob Vance.
Most of all, I ask for your vote for Pete Buttigieg in 2020 because I believe our democracy depends on it. After doing that, please visit my Facebook page – Frank McPhillips, Pledged Delegate Candidate for Pete Buttigieg – and consider casting your vote for me as Pete’s delegate. Thank you.
Are you running as a delegate for a Democratic candidate or as a Democratic Uncommitted delegate? Share your story with the Left in Alabama community and ask for votes. Too often, people just see a list of delegate candidates and randomly select a few names. But these delegates represent YOU at the convention! They vote on the platform and they vote for the nominee. Give them a reason to vote for you!
Visit our post “Are You Running for a DNC Delegate Spot in 2020? Let us Help!” to learn how to submit your story and the rules/guidelines. We’ll share all articles on our social media and you can use them to promote your candidacy.