Campers, this circus is costing Alabama an estimated $400k & this is what we get. This morning, the Senate Finance & Taxation General Fund Committee changed the meeting agenda at the last minute. It removed all discussion of the tax bills the House passed yesterday, and replaced it with these bills.
Let's review the priorities….
- Make the sale/donation of fetal tissue even more illegal than it already is in Alabama.
- Take money from Education & divert it to the General Fund.
- Keep cash poor school systems from advocating for more funding before a public vote.
- Pardons & Paroles: from $27 million to $38 million.
- Department of Corrections: from $394 million to $399 million
- Mental Health: from $105 million to $103 million.
- State Military Dept. cut by $721k. Good luck calling out the Guard to help after the next tornado outbreak, because some armories are certain to close.
- DHR: from $59 million to $57 million. Sorry abused kids… we can't possibly ask wealthy corporations to pay more in taxes.
- Judicial: From $109 million to $103 million. Speedy trial? Who needs one, anyway? Forcing the state to follow the 6th Amendment is probably a 10th Amendment violation anyway.